Dec 26, 2008

He knows...

Kids can get all excited about the things that are happening around them... playground, malls, friends. But at the end of the day, they know whom to run to for TLCs.

FIL, MIL and SIL are here for Christmas and Jon got all excited having other people to play with him (other than his parents... hehehe). Last night, on the way back from dinner, he was getting sleepy and all, slowly crawled to me calling "mummy, mummy" and fell asleep in my arms. At the end of the day, they know....

After everyone went to sleep, I watched a movie on tv (yup, alone on Christmas nite. Hubby is pooped out running around to settle my car~got into a small accident... hehehe). Its a warm story about a mother and her relationships with her children paticularly with her partially deaf gay son and his partner. And because of his minor disability, the family members converse with him using sign language. So, there was this scene where another son's gf started a converstaion about no mother would want to complicate her life with a gay son (something like that). Of course that go the whole family angry/ upset and at the end of the argumant, the mother signed to this son saying that she will always love him and he is better than most ppl.
Simply put, it's about a mother's love and how ppl are quick to judge.

As a mother, oh don't mess with me when it comes to my son. A mother's love knows no bound. In this story, the mother's love is unconditional and in abundance (remind me of someone... hint: look above)

And I trully agree, We are fast to judge other people. Self centered. Everything is about me me me. What's in it for me (happening in my work place... arghhh!!)

About not judging other ppl, so happened that I sat beside a young south african man in church during Christmas service. Hubby asked me softly if I need to exchange place him but I decline. He knows that it does not bothers me. But becos I was carrying Jon, it might be a bit squeezy for me. I wonder if many ppl would find it uncomfortable with situations like that?

Guess I would have something in mind for my new year resolutions soon, huh.

0 thots counted:

Post a Comment