Jul 27, 2009

A little bit of ME time

Read in a health magazine about how a little bit of me time would make you stay healthy... in the head I think. I've been terribly busy adjusting with new a new job (same company tho) and recently I've been asked to help out with my previous assignment, which I don't mind at all. All this will amount to even busier schedule. Wish I have 2 brains, 4 hands and 4 eyes without having to look like an alien. At the same time, thank God I've been surrounded with a competent team.

So I normally de-stress by ..... calling friends when I am driving back. It takes me about 30-40 mins to get home and it is always fun to catch up with friends, dun cha think?

So what is the different from de-stressing and "me time"? (this is my definitions ya... you may define it according to your environment/situation)
De-stress: to allow yourself to unload from your work/stress/thought/problems of the day and your mind will be in a relax state when you get home.
"Me time": a time allocated to allow you to ponder, to do self reflection and to be aware of your surroundings. As a result, to feel refreshed, confident and comfortable about yourself. Think positive vibes.

I don't think that I would be able to allocate me time everyday but would work towards at least being able to do it few times a week. Always remember, life is short. Wah... sounds so deep eh. Anyone has other ideas?

 

0 thots counted:

Post a Comment