Apr 28, 2009

smart aleck

Some random rantings.
According to here:
smart al·eck
n. Informal
1. A person regarded as obnoxiously self-assertive.
2. An impudent person.


in another word a "smarty pants". This is how I would describe a sales person as someone trying to sell me something and in the course of his marketing "talk", he is telling me what my company's business processes are! It might seem fine and dandy (at first) since if he is going to sell me something, he better be sure he knows what he is talking about, right? Oh, if the person go on and on and on (hmm... about half of his presentation is on what my business processes are)... it can mean a few things:

1. He takes me as someone stupid that does not know what is happening until he has to TELL me what I should know in the first place
2. He is trying to be a "smart aleck" and show off how much he knows about my company (and sometimes to show that he knows more than me!)
3. He has nothing much to present... he tries to make an impression

I really appreciate the good pre-sales guys that try to understand what we want to know about the product and catered his/ her presentation according to that. Nothing more. Sort of like I don't waste your time, you don't waste my time.

 

0 thots counted:

Post a Comment