Apr 18, 2009

Quiet Easter and getting sick

Easter came and went quietly. Just a normal weekend in Hubby's hometown. Not how I wanted it to be. Next year maybe.... gotta do it my way then. After coming back, my body was aching like I was run over by a herd of cows. It was so bad that I had to take an emergency leave just to rest my broken and aching body. Worse still, my big boss (BB) was assigned to approve my leave. Sigh... not a good impression at all. (Note to self: not getting any younger. be more mindful next time.)

Oh ya... I ordered online a battery-operated eyelash curler after reading rave reviews on what it can do to your eyelashes. Hahaha... need all the help that I can get for my super short eyelashes. The courier decided to send it today - a weekend - when everyone usually is out in a mall or went back to their hometown - during lunch hour when everyone is usually out for lunch! Oh ya, my phone conversation (translated in english) with the courier man (cm):

Me: hello
cm: This is so-and-so?
Me: Yes
cm: I have a package for you from Company XYZ. I am in front of your house now
Me: Why didn't you call earlier to say that you are coming? I am not at home now. Maybe I can call my neighbour to accept the parcel
cm: Can you give me your ID no? How to call? I have a lot of delivery to do after this. (raising his voice)
Me: Errrmmmm...
cm: Can you come back quick?
Me: Hey, this is not my problem because you didn't call me.
(the rest of the conversation is a bit blurly now because I can feel my blood pressure raising)
Me: Why don't you just go back and I will deal with Company XYZ (for not getting my parcel on time)
the end

OMG. Who does not make appointment before sending anything to customer's house. How rude can people get and they are paid to delivery parcels. I'll be more understanding if they are not. This courier company is definitely going into my ban-list. Yup, I have a list of banned places, companies, products, websites, etc. And they say times are bad and a lot of people are jobless. This one seems like he doesn't want his or rather hates doing his job.

 

0 thots counted:

Post a Comment