Jun 8, 2009

Catching up

Woah... 1 mth++ of no posts.
So many things happening in between. Work was one of them. Everyone was so stressed up and tired (mentally) after using the brain for the whole day, I was just too happy to see the couch upon reaching home.

My office had a bowling competition day some time in May. At first, I was kinda sceptical cos I've not bowled for years.. I think before I had Jon. But I joined in anyways just to have fun and we get to bring our kids! Jon has never been to a bowling arena. He was bowled over with so many bowling balls and alleys. As we were walking into the arena, he jump/ bounce/ pounce around knowing what it was at first sight. He saw many times how bowling alley looks like in Handy Mandy... but this is real life.

It was so much fun. Not because I get to play (and better than I've expected) but to see the kids having fun. Everyone brought their kids. My team mates brought theirs too. The organiser was very thoughtful for preparing door gifts and kids lane for them but the lane was too far away from ours. Trying to play (it's a competition, remember) and entertain the kids at the same time, we had to rent a lane next to ours so that we can keep an eye on the kids (4 to 9 yrs old) too. It was not that expensive after all. We paid about RM38+ for 5 players, 1 game. The kids was just taking their own sweet time to play, run around, play and run around. They can't really move that fast after carrying 6 lbs or 9 lbs ball all the way to the lane, drop it and hope that the ball would roll to the pins. Of course most of the time with help from the adults.

It was tiring but fun. Hope to arrange a simple get-together with some old friends for a mother-and-kids bowling event. More like, mummies get to chat and chat and chat away, while the kids play bowling!